Job Type:Temporary ContractPrimary Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations:Toronto
External Posting Description
This position is a key member of the finance SAP integration project team supporting Canadafinance.
The key job responsibilities include the following:
- Provide exceptional finance relationship management and subject matter expertise
- Complete the annual financialplan and quarterly forecasts in consultation with the management team.
- Work closely with the leadership team, Talent Advisors, Resource Management and Learning groups to assist in developing long term and annual financial plans, forecasts and short-term financial outlooks using a range of predictive tools.
- Coordinate and prepare all do ents and presentations related to the financial and business planning process
- Liaise with resourcing, talent and learning in matters that impact planning, forecasting and operations.
- Regularly connecting with the billing teams to review and discuss status of WIP on all engagements and where necessary facilitate dialogue between billing partners,project managers and billing team members
- Manage investment levels by monitoring work-in-progress (WIP) and accounts receivable (AR), ensuring that eachis appropriately valued and taking the necessary actions to ensure that aging WIP or AR are dealt with.
- Ensure the appropriate accounting entries are recorded at the end of each period and year end with respect to accruals, reserves and prepaid expenses.
- Ongoing assessment of the operational strategy,targets, processes and policies in support of the service’s objectives bysupporting better management reporting, information flow and management and business processes
- Participate in or lead adhoc projects as required
- Serve as an advocate for the SWIFT SAP program by working with service line / finance leaders
- Leverage a strong knowledge of the Firm’s financialmodel, systems and processes to act as a point of reference for finance leaders, practitioners and finance colleagues.
- Provide a future focused outlookto help to identify pending issues and identify opportunities for improvement in the delivery of this project
- Build relationships with finance peers supporting other services and reporting experts to share best practices and insights
- Participate as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in firm wide Finance & Operations initiatives, fostering integration and collaboration across regions and services
- Support FABS financial teams in any capacity required todeliver financial advisory and business support
- Work as a team to achieve Service Level Agreement for the process and individual targets; and work towards process improvement activities.
- Prepare monthly presentations for management meetings.
External Posting Qualifications
The key skillsrequired
- Degree in business/commerce includingrelevant professional designation (CPA,CA, CPA,CMA, CGA), or current enrollmentin a professional designation program
- Strong knowledge of business fundamentals and ytical skills
- Deep knowledge of one or more of the following Deloitte areas: Audit, Enabling Areas, ERS, Consulting, Tax and/or FA. Havesound understanding of the business model, across all service lines
- Exposure to SAP S4 or ECC
- 3 – 5 years of ytical experience in a finance or support related role
- Preferred : Bachelor’s degreeand/or a professional certification in a related field
- Reporting support, investigation, reporting
- Finance & Accounting background or related education
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite of Office Products (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Aderant CMS and Hyperion
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- English: Fluent ; and Spanish language skills would be an asset (verbal and written)
- Fast paced project environment
- Open concept environment with exposure to noise and distractions
- Able to work over and above regular scheduled hours
- Tight timelines
- Must be able to work with a virtual team consisting of team members and stakeholders across Canada
- Flexible to work Canadian time zones
- There may be travel 10-25% to the US
Get your career off to a greatstart. What impact will you make?
We’re always looking for people with the relentless energy to drive and push themselves further to find new avenues and unique ways of reaching our shared goals. At Deloitte, we know that being the undisputed leader means empowering our people to be the very best they can be ‑ so they can make an impact that matters for clients, colleagues and thecommunity, and for their own careers.
We offer a truly differentiated talent experience that empowers our people with unlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career.Deloitte&#8217;s newly designed offices offer unique workspaces that strengthen connections, inspire innovative ways of working, and provide the necessary tools to help you make an impact that matters. And with our global reach and network, you’ll always be part of the Deloitte community.
“Once Deloitte, always Deloitte.”
Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It’s all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of today’s local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both today’s and tomorrow’s challenges.
Let Deloitte show you how to push your careerto the next level. And let your story unfold.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs underthe respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here for more info: http://careers.deloitte.com/jobs/eng-global/details/j/17908-en_US/sap-senior-financial- yst