Primary Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations:Toronto
As part of the Partner accounting group thisposition will assist with special projects, provide oversight over daily and periodic processes, perform period end and year end functions, and provide responses to partner inquiries in a punctual and professional manner. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Partner Matters.
Period, Quarterly and Year End Close Activities:
- Perform daily approvals and coverage of day to day accounting matters related to partner accounting, with responsibility in preparing key reconciliations and statement review (when applicable)
- Align best practices with National accounting on periodic results
- Summarize results for Sr Mgr of Partner Accting & assist with inquires from other areas of Finance or Partners
- Identify key areas of financial risk and or mitigating actions if and whenapplicable
- Research, follow up and resolve any accounting reconciliation. Driving results working with operations and owning any reconciling items
- Ensure period end closing process is complete and accurate.
- Responsible for the review and creation of periodic ysis of capital, bi weekly draws, distributions, and balancing of the partner accounting system to theGL.
- Prepare calendar year end ysis and files for generation of partner tax slip information
- Review new Partner hiring information and ensure required capital call and trustdo ents are prepared, distributed, and returned in a timely manner.
- Review partner departure information and ensure required forms for stop draw and retiring allowance are completed in a timely manner.
- Using large amountsof data, create the necessary information required for annual partner capital call (Financial modelling not required but an asset)
- Answer partner inquiries with a high level of customer service and timely responses.
- Lead Partner Accounting projects as required
- Improve current processes if and where opportunities present themselves to be more efficient or control focused aswe move towards process new system implementations (involving automation where possible/practical) resulting in cost savings, time savings and or controlimprovement
- A solutions oriented approach to developing extended processes from all areas
- System enhancement testing if and when required
- Prepare and transmit data required for quarterly distributions, capital call data, partner units, and regular partner charge backs.
- Assist with preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, year-end audit files and related notes.
- Strong knowledge of business fundamentals and financial a en
- Strategic thinker who is able to drive business initiatives and deliver insights
- Managementand leadership skills with the ability to coach, mentor and train members of ourfinancial team into effective high performance team members
- Ability tothrive in a fast paced, high growth, evolving environment
- Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to prioritize work in a demanding environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in interpreting firm policiesand objectives
- Extremely detail oriented and able to work with time-sensitive and confidential information
- Flexible in accepting roles and duties as required by the Deloitte finance team leaders
- Displays strong leadership and internal customer service levels
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance with a finance designation (CPA, CFA)
- Strong knowledge of Canadian GAAP or IFRS and Tax Experience an asset
- SAP knowledge a strong asset
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience, preferably in a professional services firm is required with previous team leadership experience.
- Proven experience as a client focused businessadvisor with deep ytical and problem solving skills and an ability to buildinfluential relationships with key stakeholders at all levels
- Proven ability to lead a team of professionals in day to day execution and forward thinking client service business support in a large complex matrix environment
- Strong communication skills with an ability to build and maintain relationshipsand lead others through change.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite products. (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Advanced proficiency inof Excel and Access.
- Knowledge of Aderant CMS useful, knowledge of SAP /HANA.
- Strong ytical skills.
- Strong interpersonalskills, logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize work in a demanding environment.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in interpreting plan parameters and apply them to specific situations.
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
- Bilingualism in and or Spanish is considered an asset
Get your career off to a great start. What impact will you make?
We’re always looking for people with the relentless energy to drive and push themselves further to find new avenues and unique ways of reaching our shared goals. At Deloitte, we know that being the undisputed leader means empowering our people to be the very best they can be – so they can make an impact that matters for clients, colleagues and the community, and for their own careers.
We offer a truly differentiated talent experience that empowers our people with unlimited opportunitiesto do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career. Deloitte’s newly designed offices offer unique workspaces that strengthen connections, inspire innovative ways of working, and provide the necessary tools to help you make an impact that matters. And with our global reach andnetwork, you’ll always be part of the Deloitte community.
“Once Deloitte, always Deloitte.”
Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It’s all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providingaudit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of today’s local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both today’s and tomorrow’s challenges.
Let Deloitte show you howto push your career to the next level. And let your story unfold.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodateapplicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressedconfidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here for more info: http://careers.deloitte.com/jobs/eng-global/details/j/17985-en_US/manager-partner-accounting