Primary Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations:Toronto
External Posting Description
Reporting to the Finance Manager,Partner Accounting, this role is accountable for proactive support related to tax and accounting matters for both partners and retired partners, nationally.
- Preparation ofpartner income confirmation letters and other correspondence related to partnerrequests.
- Preparation of post capital call bank confirmation letters, comfort letters, and distributing them to the banks.
- Own and maintain allcapital call forms and maintain contacts and branding requirements.
- Update the partner accounting system with changes in bank address or contacts.
- Save required partner forms and letters into partner files in File Bank.
- Interface with DMS Family Trust trustees to complete required forms.
- Track annual partner contacts and prompt for updated schedules and e-mails forcurrent year.
- Assist with bank deposits.
- Assist with the tax year end forms to partners for confirmation of electronic tax slips and confirmation of access to make DMS changes.
- Preparation and tracking of DMS FamilyTrust packages to new partners including follow up on outstanding data and upload of completed information into the partner accounting system.
- Assist with the tax year end data collection for tax address database.
- Prepare, distribute, track, and follow up on new partner forms.
- Distributionand tracking of partner incorporation requests including review of returned forms, follow up on outstanding items, distribution to legal team for review, preparation of Board resolutions, and updating completed data into the partner accounting system.
- Merging of capital calldata into final packages, posting of packages to partners secure folders and assisting with the preparation of upload files to add data to the partner accounting system.
- Preparation of materials and Schedules for annual Family Trusttrustees meeting.
- Maintaining seconded partner billings including tracking adjustments, billings, reconciliations of amounts billed, and creation of forecasts.
- Assist with book keeping related to the Pacioli Trust.
- Process period end balancing file for sub-ledger to GL balancing andgenerate required journal entries.
- Upload prepared files into Tax Prepsoftware and generate T5 slips, T5013 slips, and related Quebec forms then distribute slips in either hard copy or by posting to partners secure folders.
- Review notices of assessment for DMS Trusts and update information into the partner accounting system.
- Account ysis and reconciliations as required.
- Assist with the preparation of annual data upload files for the partner accounting system.
- Preparation of capital call package data including upload of database with partner information, units, and partner accounting system data.
- Download partner information and address data from the partner accounting system and uploading it into the applicabletax year databases.
- Uploading completed data into year-end tax databases.
- Assist with data uploads and annual roll forward of partner LTD database.
External Posting Qualifications
- Degree in business /commerce and currently enrolled in a professionaldesignation program related to finance/accounting.
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in a finance role in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Strong skills in MS-Excel, MS-Word, and MS-Access.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to work both independently and part of a team.
- Must be diligent and wellorganized with a keen eye for detail.
- Client focused with a proactive and results-oriented approach to their work
- Strong ability to deal with senior leaders including retired partners of the firm.
- Bilingualism in English and is considered an asset for this role
Get your career off to a great start. What impact will you make?
We’re alwayslooking for people with the relentless energy to drive and push themselves further to find new avenues and unique ways of reaching our shared goals. At Deloitte, we know that being the undisputed leader means empowering our people to be thevery best they can be ‑ so they can make an impact that matters for clients, colleagues and the community, and for their own careers.
We offer atruly differentiated talent experience that empowers our people with unlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career. Deloitte’s newly designed offices offer unique workspaces thatstrengthen connections, inspire innovative ways of working, and provide the necessary tools to help you make an impact that matters. And with our global reach and network, you’ll always be part of the Deloitte community.
“Once Deloitte, always Deloitte.”
Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It’s all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is one of Canada’s leadingprofessional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of today’s local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both today’s and tomorrow’s challenges.
Let Deloitte show you how topush your career to the next level. And let your story unfold.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. Weencourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here for more info: http://careers.deloitte.com/jobs/eng-global/details/j/20071-en_US/financial- yst-partner-accounting