Primary Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations:Toronto
External Posting Description
A career in Consulting will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
- Develop solutions through debate and discussion, in our teams and with clients
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Work with high profile clientson a variety of Canadian and international engagements
- Develop your skills and consulting capabilities through our world-class training and mentorship program
As a Consultant in Finance in our Strategy & Operations, Consulting practice, you will:
- Provide Finance advisory services to high growth organizations which may include projects in:
- Finance Shared Services and outsourcing advisory
- Finance Transformation
- People, process, technology
- FinancePerformance Management
- Provide a comprehensive suiteof services to support the CFO, from performance measurement to process outsourcing, through business risk identification and revenue cycle enhancement
- Work with our client’s Finance Executives to optimize shareholder value and transform the finance function
- Work in a collaborative team yzingclient issues and interviewing key personnel
- Develop recommendations andpresentations for client engagements
- Cultivate relationships with clients and possess a strong knowledge in leveraging prevalent methodologies
- yze and diagnose client business issues to develop and recommend creative solutions
- Employ a structured approach to project management to ensure complete client satisfaction and project profitability
- Develop your expertise in a specialization and your reputation as a business advisor
- Participate in the development and delivery of training programs
- Prioritize your objectives and contribute to project planning and status reporting
- Conduct primary and secondary research; play a supportive role in information gathering for clients and the consulting team
- Work on proposals and practicedevelopment efforts
External Posting Qualifications
- Completed undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials
- Pursuit of or possessing an accounting designation or relevant Masters degree is preferred
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in Finance, Consulting or Audit
- Experience in financial management disciplines such as:
- Finance Strategy - defining Finance’s vision, strategy and operating model
- Finance Systems – assessing finance system architecture, performing system selectionand implementation
- Finance Process - process design (eg financial close, order to cash, procure to pay, planning and budgeting), finance benchmarking and business case development
- Finance Information – defining Finance’s information model, performance management and finance ytics
- Finance Organization - Finance shared service design and implementation and development of finance talent
- Experience with or interest in acquiring knowledge of the systems and technologies that support the Finance function (including ERPs, SAP, PeopleSoft, Hyperion, etc.)
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Proven ytical skills and systematic problem solving
- Canadian travel required, occasionalinternational travel. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments
Get your career off to a great start. What impact will you make?
We’re always looking for people with the relentless energy to drive and push themselves further to find new avenues and unique ways of reaching our shared goals. At Deloitte, we know that being the undisputed leader means empowering our people to be the very best theycan be ‑ so they can make an impact that matters for clients, colleagues and thecommunity, and for their own careers.
We offer a truly differentiated talent experience that empowers our people with unlimited opportunities todo meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career.Deloitte’s newly designed offices offer unique workspaces that strengthen connections, inspire innovative ways of working, and provide the necessary tools to help you make an impact that matters. And with our global reach and network, you’ll always be part of the Deloitte community.
“Once Deloitte, always Deloitte.”
Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It’s all possibleat Deloitte.
Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understandingof today’s local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both today’s and tomorrow’s challenges.
Let Deloitte show you how to push your career to the next level. And let your story unfold.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here for more info: http://careers.deloitte.com/jobs/eng-global/details/j/18864-en_US/consultant-finance-function-strategy-operations-consulting
Location: Greater Toronto, Toronto